NICE has published Quality Standard (QS) 162 on Cerebral palsy in children and young people.
The statements provided by NICE QS162 cover the diagnosis, assessment, and management of cerebral palsy in children and young people under 25 years of age. It is expected to contribute to improvements in the following outcomes:
- health-related quality of life
- functional independence
- educational participation
- wellbeing of parents and carers of children and young people with cerebral palsy.
The quality standard is also expected to support delivery of the Department of Health’s outcome frameworks:
- Adult social care outcomes framework 2015–16
- NHS outcomes framework 2016–17
- Public health outcomes framework for England, 2016–19.