NHS England has published Pharmacy quality payments—guidance for the November 2017 declaration. This guidance provides information to contractors on how to take part in the Pharmacy quality payments scheme and what is required as part of the online declaration to claim quality payments.
The Pharmacy quality payments scheme financially rewards community pharmacies for improving the quality of care for patients by meeting a number of criteria, including:
- becoming accredited ’healthy living’ pharmacies
- making referrals for asthma reviews where necessary
- pharmacy staff becoming Dementia Friends
- updating NHS Choices information
- accessing electronic patient summary care records to support clinical care
- supporting people starting to take a new medicine.
This latest guidance should be read in conjunction with: