NICE Crohn’s disease guideline
This summary covers the management of Crohn’s disease in children, young people and adults.
Ensure that information and advice about Crohn’s disease:
- is age appropriate
- is of the appropriate cognitive and literacy level
- meets the cultural and linguistic needs of the local community
Discuss treatment options and monitoring with the person with Crohn’s disease, with their family members or carers (as appropriate), and within the multidisciplinary team. Apply the principles in the NICE guideline on patient experience in adult NHS services.
This Guidelines summary covers:
- Inducing remission in Crohn’s disease
- Maintaining remission in Crohn’s disease
- Monitoring for osteopenia and assessing fracture risk
- Conception and pregnancy